Skip to main content

Road Trip? Check this out.


As I am preparing to get on the road to drive home I had to share two apps with you. I'm sure some of you already know but if not you are in for a treat!

Google Maps
Open the Google Maps app on your phone.
Click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.


Click Traffic.
Return to the map.

I zoomed the map over to near Chicago to check out the flow of traffic.
If highway 80 was green it would be smooth sailing.
The section I highlighted above shows me in real time that this section of the road is very congested. When I am driving I appear on the map as a little blue dot. Real time navigation like this is fantastic.

Waze
Waze is a community-based navigation app. It gives you alerts about hazards in the road, stalled vehicles on the shoulder and where the speed traps are. I am pretty sure I have avoid a few shredded tires and maybe a ticket or three while use the app.

This is pretty close to the same section of highway 80 as shown above. What Waze will do is put these little icon on the screen. The red one shows a bunch of cars meaning traffic is pretty slow. The blue is police. They could be for an accident or out looking for speeders. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is emailing me? The Blue Man Group??? (Add an image to your Google account.)

WHY It is always nice to put a face with a name. Sometimes we need a tiny little reminder of what someone looks like because we don't see them very often. Follow these steps to add/change the image associated with your Google account. HOW Open your email. Click your image. It might just be a blue circle if you have not added something already. Click Change . Find an image you like. Your amazing new image will appear. From now on everyone can put a name to a face!

Annotate PDF? How might I do that?

So I have a PDF and I need to edit it. Here is one method that works pretty well for me. Open Word. Click File .  1. Click Open . 2. Click Browse . 3. Find the PDF you want to annotate. 4. Click Open . Click OK when you see this box. Bam! Your PDF now opens in Word. Note: you maybe have to click Enable Editing at the top of the screen. Finished editing and want to turn it back into a PDF? Click File . 1. Click Save As . 2. Click This PC . 3. Pick a location. I usually save things to my desktop. 4. Click Save as type - and choose PDF. 5. Click Save .

Zoom - How to connect to a Zoom meeting.

This post was created to help anyone who is attempting to connect to a Zoom meeting understand how the process works. Click here for a video tutorial on how to get started with Zoom Continue reading for details on how to connect on an iPad/iOS device, Android phone/tablet, Chromebook and a laptop. While this won't solve every issue, it should take care of getting you quickly connected. The post will be longer than normal, just scroll down to the device you are wanting to connect. Most of these steps only need to be done the first time. Joining the second meeting will be much easier, pretty much just click and join. Please note - I made this post super fast. There are bound to be small errors. iPad/iOS We are using an iPad for this demo. I imagine connecting an iPhone will be nearly the same. Start by downloading the Zoom app from the app store. This is the very first thing you need to do if you don't have the app first the process may be more confusing. You...