(fireworks from Pentwater, MI)
Welcome to the new school year! It is now July which means the new year has officially begun! I am super pumped at all the new possibilities that are coming down the road very soon. I usually start thinking about how I might organize my digital resources every July. One way is to make sure my bookmarks are quickly accessible. One tool I have dabbled with is Google Bookmarks.
Google Bookmarks - Setting Up
To start using Google Bookmarks you will want to launch and log into Chrome. This will enable you to save every single bookmark you click.
1. After you launch Chrome click on the hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click Settings.
Click Sign in to Chrome.
After entering your credentials you will see your account listed.
1. Click the hamburger icon in the upper right corner of Chrome.
2. Click Bookmarks.
3. Click Show bookmarks bar to have a list of favorites across the top of your Chrome window. Many teachers use this for things they access everyday like SIS, their blog/facebook page, etc...
Google Bookmarks - Creating
Find the website you want to add/save.
1. Click the little star on the far right corner of the address bar.
2. Click the drop down list. Pick a location you want to save the site to. I picked Bookmark bar.
The above is a shot of my bookmarks bar. I can drag the Lindbergh Schools bookmark along the bar to group like sites together.
Interested in learning more? Check out Google's help site.