Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Google Alerts - The news you want!

I can't tell you how many times I've "Googled" something.  I don't know how many times a day I do it, but I'm sure somebody at Google can.

I Google random stuff.  Cauliflower parsnip mash.  Donald Trump.  The lyrics to "Shake it off".

Some searches I do more often.  I like knowing when something good happens in the school district I work in.  I keep checking to see if the Rams have moved to LA yet.  

I bumped into Google Alerts and it's pretty awesome.  It's been around awhile, but if you don't know what it is, keep reading.

In a nutshell, Google Alerts watches the internet for you and reports back when it finds the latest on what you're looking for.

You can select filters.  "Hey, Google.  I want daily updates on my Rams from news organizations in the United States.  And only the best results.  Send them to me once a day.  Please."



How could your students use it?  How would you use it?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotate PDF? How might I do that?

So I have a PDF and I need to edit it. Here is one method that works pretty well for me. Open Word. Click File .  1. Clic...