Sunday, August 9, 2015

Short on time? Create this desktop shortcut to speed things up.

Desktop Shortcuts Save The Day!


Follow these steps to create a desktop icon that will allow you to shutdown or restart your computer with a simple click.

I learned this technique from Robin Vallis. I always appreciate his tips!

Right click on a blank spot on your desktop.
  • Click New
  • Click Shortcut

Type - Shutdown -s -t 00
Then click next.

Name the shortcut.
Click Finish.


Click and it will start shutting down your laptop!




Shortcut To Restart
Follow the above steps but use Shutdown -r -t 00

No comments:

Post a Comment

So I have these sweet ceiling speakers, now what?

Like you, my music tastes are pretty wide. One minute I'm listening to old punk and the next Taylor Swift. Sometimes these artists ar...