Have you seen the post floating around the internet about the 1991 Radio Shack ad? It states that everything within that ad you can now do on your phone. If you added up the cost of all the gadgets it would come out to over $5,000 in 2012 dollars.
The ad pictured items like a computer, an answering machine and a VHS camera to name a few. All of these are now contained in that little device most of us carry everywhere.
What do you do with your phone/smart device? I really started to think about how I use my device and I assume I am not getting the most out of it.
Here is where I need your help. Can you post a few ways you use your phone? What I am hoping is that we can generate a few ideas to help our fellow educators get the most out of the computers we carry every day.
Here are a few ways I have used my device today. How have you used yours?
- Fitbit - tracked how many steps I have taken so far.
- Clash of Clans - a game I have been playing.
- Netflix - rewatching Lost on the treadmill.
- Google Hangout - my default texting app.
- Pocket Casts - podcast app.