Skip to main content

How podcasts changed my life.


Many years ago I was working part time in the Apple mini store in the Galleria. That place is long gone replace by the huge store they have now. Back in those days all we had were iPods, these thick single use devices that only could play music. Some customer of mine mentioned these things called podcasts, he explained them as radio shows but much cooler. The downside is you needed special software to download the episodes, then transfer to iTune and then load to your iPod. While it sounds like an easy process it often failed.

I was hooked. I listened to Earth Core, a sci fi novel which featured one chapter per week. Back in 2005 this was so cutting edge.

Fast forward many years later and podcasts are as common as a first grader with the latest iPhone. Listening to these shows is super easy, all you need is Spotify or just a web connection. I know you could use the podcast app on your iOS devices as well but this post will shows you how to listen on any device.

Finding podcasts in Spotify is as simple as searching the name. You can either click on an episode to play, but if this is something you really like you can follow them. The show will then show up in the right slide navigation list.


Sometimes it can be difficult to find your podcast in some of the apps. I usually just get lazy and google it. I found this by searching Wow in the world podcast and found their official site. I can now click one of the buttons to launch the show! Many of these buttons are app specific but clicking Spotify or Google Podcasts should open it on your laptop in a flash.

This post was inspired by Katie Dougherty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is emailing me? The Blue Man Group??? (Add an image to your Google account.)

WHY It is always nice to put a face with a name. Sometimes we need a tiny little reminder of what someone looks like because we don't see them very often. Follow these steps to add/change the image associated with your Google account. HOW Open your email. Click your image. It might just be a blue circle if you have not added something already. Click Change . Find an image you like. Your amazing new image will appear. From now on everyone can put a name to a face!

Annotate PDF? How might I do that?

So I have a PDF and I need to edit it. Here is one method that works pretty well for me. Open Word. Click File .  1. Click Open . 2. Click Browse . 3. Find the PDF you want to annotate. 4. Click Open . Click OK when you see this box. Bam! Your PDF now opens in Word. Note: you maybe have to click Enable Editing at the top of the screen. Finished editing and want to turn it back into a PDF? Click File . 1. Click Save As . 2. Click This PC . 3. Pick a location. I usually save things to my desktop. 4. Click Save as type - and choose PDF. 5. Click Save .

Zoom - How to connect to a Zoom meeting.

This post was created to help anyone who is attempting to connect to a Zoom meeting understand how the process works. Click here for a video tutorial on how to get started with Zoom Continue reading for details on how to connect on an iPad/iOS device, Android phone/tablet, Chromebook and a laptop. While this won't solve every issue, it should take care of getting you quickly connected. The post will be longer than normal, just scroll down to the device you are wanting to connect. Most of these steps only need to be done the first time. Joining the second meeting will be much easier, pretty much just click and join. Please note - I made this post super fast. There are bound to be small errors. iPad/iOS We are using an iPad for this demo. I imagine connecting an iPhone will be nearly the same. Start by downloading the Zoom app from the app store. This is the very first thing you need to do if you don't have the app first the process may be more confusing. You...