Skip to main content

Sometimes I just don't want to read books.


There are times when I just can't read another book, audio or physical old school paper. There are times when I read online and that leads me down some random pathway. I look up and notice an hour has passed and I have only read a paragraph. You know what I mean, Pinterest or Facebook grabs you and time disappears.

While looking through the audio books from the St. Louis County Library I decided to check out the app called RBdigital. This app gives you instant access to many of the most popular magazines available today. I love how accessible they are on my mobile, great to read during lunch.

My son is totally into cars while I barely know where the gas goes. I found four different car magazines that he could download and read. I know these would keep him engaged for weeks on end.

I found The Economist was also listed. No idea if I can understand this any better than the car magazine but it would be way more interesting!

I know we are constantly encouraging all of our kids to follow their interests, this app will help feed that hunger. It also provides a way to engage kids through a media source they might not be too familiar with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is emailing me? The Blue Man Group??? (Add an image to your Google account.)

WHY It is always nice to put a face with a name. Sometimes we need a tiny little reminder of what someone looks like because we don't see them very often. Follow these steps to add/change the image associated with your Google account. HOW Open your email. Click your image. It might just be a blue circle if you have not added something already. Click Change . Find an image you like. Your amazing new image will appear. From now on everyone can put a name to a face!

Annotate PDF? How might I do that?

So I have a PDF and I need to edit it. Here is one method that works pretty well for me. Open Word. Click File .  1. Click Open . 2. Click Browse . 3. Find the PDF you want to annotate. 4. Click Open . Click OK when you see this box. Bam! Your PDF now opens in Word. Note: you maybe have to click Enable Editing at the top of the screen. Finished editing and want to turn it back into a PDF? Click File . 1. Click Save As . 2. Click This PC . 3. Pick a location. I usually save things to my desktop. 4. Click Save as type - and choose PDF. 5. Click Save .

Zoom - How to connect to a Zoom meeting.

This post was created to help anyone who is attempting to connect to a Zoom meeting understand how the process works. Click here for a video tutorial on how to get started with Zoom Continue reading for details on how to connect on an iPad/iOS device, Android phone/tablet, Chromebook and a laptop. While this won't solve every issue, it should take care of getting you quickly connected. The post will be longer than normal, just scroll down to the device you are wanting to connect. Most of these steps only need to be done the first time. Joining the second meeting will be much easier, pretty much just click and join. Please note - I made this post super fast. There are bound to be small errors. iPad/iOS We are using an iPad for this demo. I imagine connecting an iPhone will be nearly the same. Start by downloading the Zoom app from the app store. This is the very first thing you need to do if you don't have the app first the process may be more confusing. You...