Google Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way.
A Google form can be connected to a Google spreadsheet. If a spreadsheet is linked to the form, responses will automatically be sent to the spreadsheet. Otherwise, users can view them on the “Summary of Responses” page accessible from the Responses menu.
Google Forms - official Google help page. Look on the right side of the page for additional form topics.
Possible Roles in the Classroom
- Formative Assessment, HW assignments, WS alternatives
- Data Collection (Science, stats, Math) to graph (especially for class-wide experiments)
- Self/Peer Assessment (checklists), Performance Critiques
- Student Goal-setting
- Opinion Polls/Surveys
- Sign-up sheets
Let's Build a Homework/Bellringer Piece:
1. Create a Form.
2. Choose how students will identify themselves.
3. Create several questions (question types).
4. Embed support materials (such as images or YouTube videos).
5. Share it with a buddy and take the quiz.
A tour of Google Forms - this will show you how to create a form to the collection of the results.
What's the Data Look Like (and where'd it go)?:
1. From within the form, find "View Responses" and choose to open with a new spreadsheet.
2. Now, you have two connected documents: the form itself and the spreadsheet that shows data collected.
3. View the pretty charts by clicking Summary View.
4. Managing your data by filtering and conditional responses.
5. Color coding (conditional formatting) and formulas can help flex grouping/grading.
- Summary View - overview of responses
- Spreadsheet - in depth review of responses
New features in Spreadsheets- just out TODAY!
Taking it Further:
- Adaptive Quizzes using page breaks and MC questions to allow a wrong answer to take you to support materials (images, YouTube videos).
Flubaroo - Grading Made Easy
Flubaroo is a free tool that helps you quickly grade multiple-choice or fill-in-blank assignments. This was designed by a teacher for classroom teachers.
Watch the demo video of how Flubaroo works. Pay close attention to how easily it shares the results with your students.
Follow these steps to create an assignment for you class.