Skip to main content

Two Chromebook Tips



We asked some of the impact study students what they missed about the iPads and two ideas kept coming up. Most really missed having a split-screen and talking to Siri. This post will show you how to do those two tasks on a Chromebook.

Ok Google
Kids miss asking Siri whatever is on their mind and getting an instant response. Did you know you can do something very similar on the Chromebooks?

I have found Google gives me better results than my Amazon Echo. The Echo gives better results than Siri. I would imagine this tip will be super helpful to many of the kids.

Open Chrome.
Click the small microphone and ask your question.

I clicked and asked what the weather will be like tomorrow in St. Louis.
This is the result.
It did not speak back, just presented what I needed.


I was disappointed with the result, I was hoping for something slightly snowier and more snowdayish.
I asked what the average snowfall for St. Louis in December, this time it started talking to me.




Dualless
The iPad allowed you to snap two things, like two webpages, and see them side by side. This was super handy, it was like having two screens on one device.

To do this same thing on your Chromebook, add a simple Chrome extension called Dualless.

Start by adding the extension from the Chrome Store.


1. Click on the extension.
2. Select the screen ratio. I usually choose the 5:5 so each side is exactly the same.

Now I can put both calendars side by side!
I can put any two Chrome tabs side by side.
It is like having two screens on one device.


Comments

  1. My name is Mrs.Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is emailing me? The Blue Man Group??? (Add an image to your Google account.)

WHY It is always nice to put a face with a name. Sometimes we need a tiny little reminder of what someone looks like because we don't see them very often. Follow these steps to add/change the image associated with your Google account. HOW Open your email. Click your image. It might just be a blue circle if you have not added something already. Click Change . Find an image you like. Your amazing new image will appear. From now on everyone can put a name to a face!

Annotate PDF? How might I do that?

So I have a PDF and I need to edit it. Here is one method that works pretty well for me. Open Word. Click File .  1. Click Open . 2. Click Browse . 3. Find the PDF you want to annotate. 4. Click Open . Click OK when you see this box. Bam! Your PDF now opens in Word. Note: you maybe have to click Enable Editing at the top of the screen. Finished editing and want to turn it back into a PDF? Click File . 1. Click Save As . 2. Click This PC . 3. Pick a location. I usually save things to my desktop. 4. Click Save as type - and choose PDF. 5. Click Save .

Zoom - How to connect to a Zoom meeting.

This post was created to help anyone who is attempting to connect to a Zoom meeting understand how the process works. Click here for a video tutorial on how to get started with Zoom Continue reading for details on how to connect on an iPad/iOS device, Android phone/tablet, Chromebook and a laptop. While this won't solve every issue, it should take care of getting you quickly connected. The post will be longer than normal, just scroll down to the device you are wanting to connect. Most of these steps only need to be done the first time. Joining the second meeting will be much easier, pretty much just click and join. Please note - I made this post super fast. There are bound to be small errors. iPad/iOS We are using an iPad for this demo. I imagine connecting an iPhone will be nearly the same. Start by downloading the Zoom app from the app store. This is the very first thing you need to do if you don't have the app first the process may be more confusing. You...