Connect Google Drive Folder to Schoolwires PageThis is a great way to update information to share with your students, without having to edit Schoolwires on a regular basis. You can drop files to distribute into you Google Drive folder and parents and students can easily access these files by clicking on your Schoolwires page!
Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to link a Google Drive folder to your Schoolwires page or follow the steps below.
Connect a Google Drive Folder to Your Schoolwires Page
This is a great way to update information to share with your students, without having to edit Schoolwires on a regular basis. You can drop files to distribute into you Google Drive folder and parents and students can easily access these files by clicking on your Schoolwires page!
PART 1: Getting the URL from Your Google Drive Folder
1. From your GoogleDrive, find the folder you would like to share with students. To the right of the title, find the downward arrow and then click on it. Hit SHARE, then click SHARE again.
2. Once you are in SHARED SETTINGS, click on CHANGE for Shared with Specific People.
3. Adjust your change setting appropriately, then click save.
Blue options mean that the link is visible to people WITHOUT the @lindberghschools.ws email. You will need to select this if you want parents to be able to view the folder contents.
The red options require someone to be logged in as a Lindbergh community member. Perfect for ONLY student visibility.
The black option is my email invite ONLY.
4. Highlight the “LINK TO SHARE” URL and then COPY it (you will need it later in Schoolwires).
PART 2: Creating a LINK from Schoolwires to your GoogleDrive
1. Go to Lindbergh Schools site. Click on Staff, then Schoolwires, then Site Manager in the top right.
2. From your Site Manager page, click on NEW PAGE.
3. Select FLEX PAGE from the Available Page Types and click save.
3. Type in an appropriate name. This will be what students see from your Schoolwires page. Click SAVE when done.
4. The new page title will now show up with your other pages. To the right of the new page, click on the ACTIONS button, then select PAGE OPTIONS.
5. Place your mouse into the “Map Page to Web Address” field and then PASTE the URL from your Google Drive folder (see Part 1, Step 4). If nothing pastes, go back and repeat all steps in Part 1 and then this step again. Click SAVE.
6. Verify that the new page now has a blue arrow to indicate it is a link.
7. The final (and most important step) is verifying that the link goes where you want it go and looks how you want it to look for students. Visit your Schoolwires page as a parent/student would and click on the link. If it goes where you wanted it to go, CONGRATULATIONS! If not, email Colin or Elizabeth for help!